Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Romans 5

I was reading this passage in the Bible last night:
"For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by His life." (verse 10)

It has really struck me. It appears to me on reading this passage that the life of Christ (life eternal, since His Resurrection from the dead) is the means by which we are saved from damnation. Not His death, as I had previously supposed. Christ's death is the means of reconciliation. As the verse says: we are reconciled to God by His Son's death.....but are saved by His Son's life. So without the Resurrection, there would be no salvation. Both the reconcilitaion and the salvation are integral to our relationship with God, so both must be given equal consideration when praying, when fellowshipping, when witnessing.

This morning I read Cath's post on The Resurrection and Worship which was timely. I recommend that you click on the link to have a look. It goes further to look at how Christ's Resurrection ought to affect Christian's worship.

In the words of the early Believers (thanks to Cath):

"Christos anesti!"

No comments: