Thursday, September 18, 2008

Friedrich Nietzsche

I stumbled across a page full of Nietzsche (pronounced Nee-cheV) quotes this evening...... I have placed below some of them, and alongside a few have given my answers/comments (which are somewhat flavoured with sarcasm. God forgive me).



  • What is more harmful than any vice? Active pity for all the failures and all the weak: Christianity.

  • Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies....that depends if the convictions are based on truth or lies, and also whether the one holding the conviction understands the truth or lie behind their belief.

  • What is happiness? The feeling that power is growing, that resistance is overcome....he seems to lay a lot of stress on power here, like that is all there is to this life. Strife, resistance, a hold on the power for a time, defeat at last.

  • There are no facts, only interpretations.......is that a fact? How does he intend for me to interpret that statement?

  • In Heaven all the interesting people are missing..... Nietzsche is missing certainly.

  • In Christianity neither morality nor religion come into contact with reality at any point....I would disagree with this certainly.

  • I cannot believe in a God who wants to be praised all the time.

  • God is dead.....correction, Nietzsche is dead.

Enjoy....

No comments: